reauthorization. It would be paid for partially by a $150 billion one-time payment of revenue from yet-to-be-enacted corporate tax reform.
The proposal, outlined in the Administration’s 2015 budget, would:
- Create a Transportation Trust Fund for highway, transit and rail programs
- Increase funding for roads and bridges by 22% each year for a total of $199 billion
- Increase funding for transit by 70% each year for a total of $72 billion
About Map 21
On July 6, 2012, President Obama signed the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act, also known as MAP-21 (P.L. 112-141).
- The first multi-year transportation authorization enacted since 2005
- Funds surface transportation programs at over $105 billion for fiscal years (FY) 2013 and 2014
- Transforms the framework for investments to guide the growth and development of the country’s vital transportation infrastructure